what's it gonna cost me? and what do i get?
Why Join LB Tri?
(or for that matter any triathlon club or team?)
In a word: Synergy
It's simple. Training alone we can be good and maybe even great. But to be truly awesome and to enjoy this sport you need to train with others. Not just coaches and trainers, but peers with greater (and yes) lesser abilities. At LB Tri we all learn from each other. We celebrate each other victories and support each others defeats. Triathlon Training can be tedious and boring, but together it can be insane, fun, wacky and a kick-ass time. To that end, the first and the most important thing we do at LB Tri is to provide a place for like-minded athletes to learn, compete, work, train and play together.
"O.K. So that's cool and all. I learned a new fancy word and checked out your nifty graphic....
but what do I get?"
Benefits of LB Tri Membership
Group Training: from LB Tri run training events to member lead swims/bikes/run – you’ll never train alone again!
Networking with Other Triathletes: Online, On the Road and at Social Events the LB Tri calendar is full of ways to get to know other local athletes of all levels.
Skill Building Clinics: Train Smarter with clinics on a full range of topics
Discounts, Freebies & Schwag – LB Tri gets some of the greatest discounts and freebees around – work it and you can pay for your membership several times over.
Rewards Program – win prizes, race entries and cash – just be doing what you love to do: Triathlons of course!
Science: LB Tri brings the same sciences that the Pros, Olympians and Elites use to get faster, don’t miss out!
LB Tri has regular group training throughout the week as well as special month training events. Check out the calendar to see upcoming events. We have LB Tri organized events (like our monthly bike/run brick at Tri-Zone. In addition we have member-organized swims/runs/rides for newbies, beginners, intermediate and advanced athletes. Get into the LB Tri network of triathletes and stay connected on training all year long. Want people to train with you? We’ll put your event on our calendar and you’ll be surprised how quickly it grows into a weekly event.
- Secure member directory. Contact members directly to plan training, ask advice, work on common goals or just socialize.
- LB Tri Blog: Learn about upcoming races, individual training and other important things to make you a better triathlete.
- On the Road
- In addition to the online networking, we have social events, mixers and other special events for members to meet and spend time together doing what they love to do: triathlon!
- LB Tri Pride! Nothing beats the chant from the crowd Go LBC! Or “LONG BEACH” – you will hear that shout of support when you need it most! Hell yeah!
- Off the Road (i.e. Party!)
- LB Tri hosts events each month to get people showered off, out of our spandex and into a social setting.
- Last Sunday BBQ / Mixer
+ The last Sunday of each month we have a mixer at a members home. These are fun informal events with great food (and our team dessert: Carrot Cake (cause its healthy, you know, it has carrots in it!)
- Also at these events we have an informative and FUN guest speaker to talk about something related to Triathlon.
- Second Hump Day Happy Hour.
- The second Wednesday of each month we meet a local club or bar to hang out, shoot the shit and catch up. LB Tri gets special drink discounts from the bar and kicks down some fun sponsor schwag and raffles cool stuff off when we have it.
Skill Building Clinics: Hard Training helps you race
faster, LB Tri Skill Clinics helps you race smarter!
Running a 5 minute mile isn’t going
to help you if you don’t know how to change a tire fast. The best
training in the world won’t stop you form Bonking if you don’t know
about good race nutrition. All clinic topics come form the requests of
LB Tri Members. If a member wants to learn something, we will find
someone to teach us.
- Past clinics have included.
- How to know a good bike fit.
- Tire Changing Clinic
- Understanding Testing (VO2 Max, Blood Lactate, etc.)
- The 4th Discipline: The art of a speedy transition.
- Conquer the Waves: the art of dealing with Ocean Surf.
- Most clinics are free (sometimes there is a small fee
(i.e. pool fee of $10). Clinics sell out and are available first to LB
Tri members, and then if space is available they are made available to
non-members for a fee.
Discounts, Freebies and Schwag! – LB Tri members get killer
discounts from our sponsors and others
- Some sponsor discounts include
- 20% off at Tri Zone (15% of nutrition)
- 1 week free rental of Race Wheels
- 1 week free wet suit rental
- $50 savings of a Bike fit from Final Fit
- 20% off Avia Shoes
- and others…
- Race Entry Discounts
- If you want to race a race; we will try and get a
- Past race discounts have included
- Race on the Base
- CSULB Reverse Triathlon
- Tinsel Triathlon
- And others…
At LB tri we really believe in
bringing the science used by professional, Olympic and elite athletes to
the weekend warrior. To that end we have key partnerships with people
who support the sport from VO2 testing to kinesiologists, body fat tests
to the best in high tech bike fitting, from life coaching to a team
tattoo artist. We like to see our members train hard as well as train
smart and we really like to see them up on the podium.
Advanced Training Programs, One-on-One, and Special Clinics
LB Tri members get access to the LB
Tri calendar and all the events and free training sessions to help you
become a faster, smarter and funner (not a word we know) Triathlete!
- If you are looking for additional
coaching to take your performance to a higher level we have coaches,
trainers, team bike fitter, team mechanic, massage therapists, team
chiropractor and more…
- These services are not included in
your club membership, but LB Tri does get discounts and does the leg
work to make sure the people we recommend are top notch and the best of
If you want more information of
taking your tri to the next level; contact us and we will put you in
touch with a trainer who can help you out…from newbie to elite you can
always get faster and LB Tri is here to help.
So what's it cost?
Only $75 per year
You read that right.
Not per month.
Not per workout or per training.
365 days of awesomeness for 21 cents a day...come on. Tri it.